Monday, December 27, 2010
Our very first selection back in 1998: Patty Jane's House of Curl
Some of our favorites: The Book Thief, Still Alice, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, Year of Wonders, Rebecca
Actual time spent talking about books during our meetings: anywhere between 4 and 20 minutes :)
Cool thing we did one month: we each picked a John Steinbeck book to read and then talked about all of them when we came together.
Book most of us hated: The Crimson Petal and the White
Upcoming selections: The Last Child, I Am the Messenger, Room, The Best of Times
Are you part of a book club? Reading anything good lately?
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
- my little animal whisperer
- farmer's market that is open till mid December
- peppermint chocolate chip milk shakes
- a husband that plays Princess Bingo before going to play hockey
- pets that purr
- my workout partner - she is so much more than a workout partner though...
- a hard to put down novel
- 70 degree weather in November
- friends that listen and love
- silly turkey songs
- bento boxes from Red Bowl
- family, far and near
What about you? What are you thankful for?
Monday, November 15, 2010
Saturday, November 6, 2010
My friend Kim teaches kindergarten and she had the idea of using this in her classroom and letting each child take a turn dictating the "daily message". Love it!
Take a peek here to see our annual thankful turkey.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Friday, September 10, 2010
So... that is the scoop. What is going on with you????
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
I am just having one big pity party today. Lord help my husband.
Saturday, August 14, 2010
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Do not bother reading this post if ...
- you never have to (I mean get to) play with young children
- you love playing anything and everything your child suggest
- your child will happily play any educational game you have ever come up with
Do read this post if ...
- you find yourself counting the minutes till school starts back and wondering how in the world you will survive another minute of playing tag, or Littlest Pet Shop Toys or acting out the death scene from Lion King
- your child can sniff a learning opportunity from a mile away and wants nothing to do with it
Okay - for those of you still reading I want to tell you about a game that I came up with that may just be my best idea ever. It is called My Turn, Your Turn. Very simple - Abby and I set a timer for 10 minutes and we play what she wants (dance party, barbies, lion tamer) and when the timer beeps it is my turn to pick (letter bingo, connect four, pattern blocks). It is a win, win for both of us.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Here are 6 things that I love so much about you:
- You are so funny. You make me laugh so much.
- You love your daddy something fierce. (you have such good taste.)
- You are the best frog and lizard catcher this side of the Mississippi.
- You only want to wear comfortable pants. (I am so with you on that.)
- You have such a kind heart and I see you caring for others so often.
- You love to be outside and will spend hours in our yard looking for creatures.
I am so thankful to be your mommy and look forward to seeing the world through your 6 year old eyes.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
To all the folks that follow “The Clark Clan” blog, there is a bit of a change this week. The site has been hijacked by husband of the blogger. You only have to follow the blog for a few weeks to see all the neat things that Teresa does and wonderful experiences she exposes our daughter Abby to. However, I wanted to let everyone know what an amazing mother Teresa truly is.
I know darn well how lucky I got,
When Teresa got hit with Cupid’s shot.
But what I really did not know,
Was when it came to mothering, she is a pro.
She teaches Abby new things every day,
And makes learning fun through lots of play.
Crafts and activities are always at hand,
You’d be amazed at all the uses for sand.
Her patience and temperament are truly great,
Even when Abby is filled with hate. J
The fun days, the tough days, she never gets fazed,
To watch her with Abby I am simply amazed.
Just watching her parent inspires me,
To be the best father I can be.
I got so darn lucky to find such a wife,
Friend and mother to share my life.
So today here’s to all you mothers out there,
Thank you Teresa for letting me share.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Thursday, February 25, 2010
I wish I could give you my tooth but I lost it. Could you still please leave me a treat? Tooth Fairy - do you have a castle made of teeth? Will you write me an email back and try not to wake me up?
Abby (age 5)
Congratulations on loosing your first tooth. Please be very careful with the next tooth you lose. If you save that tooth for me, I will tell you what I do with all the teeth. I am leaving you some money to buy yourself a treat.
The Tooth Fairy
Epilogue: After spending a good bit of time looking for the lost tooth, Abby admitted to us that she accidentally ate her tooth while trying to fit it back in her mouth. Ugh...
Also wanted to note that the tooth fairy does not do email. :)