Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Look Out Kindergarten, Here Comes Abby

Today is the day. My little girl is now a kindergartner. She was so ready. She did not even want us to walk her to her classroom but I insisted. For 6 years now I have craved alone time but now that it is here my heart is breaking. I am feeling bad about all the times she wanted me to play and I said no because I had laundry to do or dishes to put away. I am feeling bad about not being patient with her, wanting her to do things my way instead of her way. I'm feeling bad about all the television she has watched. As I sit here typing this it just occurred to me that I forgot to put a sweet note in her lunch box today. Ugh...
I am just having one big pity party today. Lord help my husband.


2 comments:

Katy @ Eat Drink & Decorate said...

You're so precious. I hope she had an amazing day! Can't wait to hear about it!

Willow said...

Awwww, what a great first day pick!! I just can't believe it and you are an amazing mom, btw!!!! I love you guys!