Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Dreaded New Year's Resolutions

Making resolutions is something that gives me stress. I feel like I need to have hammered out exactly what my goals are on January 1st but I am so tired from all the Christmas festivities that by the time the 1st rolls around I already feel behind. I then start to think about skipping the whole process. But no, I want to continue to grow and better myself and picking out a few things I want to work on is a good way of doing that. So for the past few days I have debated doing a post about this. After all, if I tell YOU what my goals are you might check up on me. :)



Anyway, here is what I have thought of so far:

Read the bible this year (see my reading goals post for more on this)

Play with Abby more and let her direct our play. (I may be guilty of trying to push my interest on her)

Exercise at least 3 times a week.

Try at least 2 new recipes a month.

Make a birthday banner for us to use each year. (I plan to start that this week)

Overcome my fear of my sewing machine.

Improve my Scrabble game.

Cut myself some slack in the motherhood arena. I will continue to make mistakes but I mix some really good moments in each day also.

Look for more ways to make Adam's life easier cause he sure does do this for me.

Help our family live a more green lifestyle.

Find ways to cut down on our monthly expenses.



Enough about me. Did you make any resolutions this year?

1 comments:

Willow said...

I have made a few for the first time in years.

1. Workout 4 times a week
2. Read the bible in a year
3. Make out a menu plan for each week
4. Stay on top of preschool plans
5. Make all or almost all homemade gifts this year except for the girls birthday and Christmas