Sunday, June 15, 2008

Here we go!




I can't believe I am saying it but here I go - I am a blogger. Well I guess I can't say that yet since this is my first post so let me edit that - I wanna be a blogger. Adam and I were talking and thought this may be a great way to share what is going on in our little corner of the world. So thanks for joining me in this new endeavor.




Daddy-O Day




You may not know this but Abby calls Adam Daddy-o more than she actually calls him daddy. When he walks in the door after work she yells DADDYOOOOO! Not sure where it came from but it's cute.




So we were explaining to her that it is Fathers Day, just like it was Mother's Day a few weeks ago and we were going to do special things for Daddy all day. Right away she puts her hands on her hips and says, "Well I am just sad about me not having a day." (John Rosemond would be so proud.) So don't be surprised if you see a post about Daughter Day in the near future.




We started the day by making Adam a yummy breakfast of pop overs and scrambled eggs. Abby cracked all the eggs and amazingly got very little shell in the bowl. You would think that squeezing an egg until it explodes would send egg shell everywhere but I guess not.




Then we were off to see a group called They Might Be Giants. It was a free concert that the children's library put on down town at a small theater. It was so much fun. Our friends Julie and Kelly were there with their families. I am so thankful to live in a city where there are so many fun things to do. It really is a wonderful place to raise a child.




We are very thankful around here for our Daddy-O. As Abby likes to say, "He is our best boy." Happy Father's Day Adam! I always knew you would be good at this dad gig but you're even better than I dreamed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gestation of Box Turtles is
9 - 10 weeks, depending on the temperature, and how many eggs are in the nest. Site looks great! Neat to see what you all are doing. Wish I had time to do a blog for us!! Danette